The SAME National Foundation was created in 2016, and its mission is to Foster Engineering Leadership for the Nation. One of the primary purposes of the Foundation is to support professional development of SAME members. The Foundation will provide significant means to underwrite professional development and thus provide value to attract new military and government members.
There are a number of envisioned purposes that will benefit our members and our profession; some of them include:
- Fund professional development opportunities aligned with the SAME mission through the use of grant-making programs.
- Develop community endowments that will be used to develop, facilitate and coordinate services to meet the changing needs of the A/E/C community.
- Memorialize important contributions to SAME by its members, including acts of memorial such as coordinating attendance at services by SAME members, floral recognitions when appropriate, and providing a member's SAME service record.
- Provide a tax exempt repository for gifts in memoriam, estate planning bequests, and gifts made by individual donors and corporate contributors to SAME for its inherent purposes.
- Provide convenient and effective ways so that donors can contribute assets to charitable purposes.
Please consider donating to the Foundation when you're renewing your SAME membership or at any time!