About the Post
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) builds leaders and leads collaboration among government and industry to develop multidisciplined solutions to national security infrastructure challenges. Founded in 1920, the Society unites public and private sector individuals and organizations from across the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental and facility management, cyber security, project planning, contracting and acquisition, and related disciplines in support of national security.
1. The SAME Mission
“Build leaders and lead collaboration among government and industry to develop multidisciplined solutions to national security infrastructure challenges.”
2. The SAME Vision
“Serve our nation as the foremost integrator for leadership development and technical collaboration within the A/E/C profession.”
3. The SAME Values
- Integrity: Unwavering commitment to always do what is right, regardless of consequences.
- Patriotism: Support our national ideals and take pride in our country.
- Public Service: Recognize the critical contribution that public servants make in supporting the economic and environmental needs of the nation.
- National Security: Recognize the dedication of our national security team, comprised of the uniformed services, civil service and contractors, in defending freedom.
- Technical Competence: Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest standards of performance in all actions, both personal and professional.
- Environmental Stewardship: Preserve, protect, conserve and restore our national resources through sustainable practices.