losangeles Home Photo.


What is the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)?

A: SAME is the premier professional engineering association in the United States for connecting architects, engineers and builders in the public sector and private industry, uniting them to improve individual and collective capabilities for national security. Our goal is to unite A/E/C entities and individuals in the public and private sector so that we can prepare for – and overcome – natural and manmade disasters, acts of terrorism and improve security at home and abroad.

What does SAME do?

A: SAME Membership helps you:
— Connect with top engineering officials from the public and private sector at SAME conferences.
— Enhance your professional skills and education.

— Be the first to learn about important A/E/C changes.

How do I get involved?

A: Become a member (Membership). Attend monthly luncheons (Calendar). Get to know our Board of Directors (BOD).

Am I a Small Business?

A: There is no "official" certification process that determines a small business. It is a self-certifying and paperless procedure. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) uses the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) in determining size standards; which as of October 1, 2000, replaced the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes.

To see if your business is considered small by the federal government, or to determine which NAICS Code(s) is applicable to your business, visit the official SBA website.

Do I need to certify my business as a small business?

A: While there is no “official” certification process, registering your business with the US Small Business Administration and self-certifying your firm will enable teaming partners to locate you as well as establish your qualification for Small Business Set-Aside contracts.

What is the SAM?

A: The System for Award Management (SAM) is the primary Government repository for contractor information required for the conduct of business with the Government.

What is a DUNS number?

A: DUNS is short for “Data Universal Numbering System”. This is a number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities.

What does NAICS mean?

A: North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the US business economy.

Do I need NAICS?

A: To perform work for the Federal Government, a business should register on the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). CCR is the primary registrant database for the US Federal Government. CCR collects, validates, stores and disseminates data in support of agency acquisition missions. During CCR registration your firm’s NAICS will be needed to classify your firm’s capabilities.

Where can I find my NAICS?

A: Visit U.S. Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/