Over the last several years the Carolina Midlands Post of the Society of American Military Engineers has provided scholarships and assisted the South Carolina National Guard Foundation with scholarships for students studying engineering at the following colleges and/or universities:
- Cal Polytechnical Institute
- The Citadel - The Military College of South Carolina
- Clemson University
- Charleston Southern University
- University of South Carolina
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville)
- Winthrop University
In addition, the post has funded opportunities for high school students that have a desire to study engineering through camps hosted by:
- United States Army Corps of Engineers at Vicksburg, Mississippi
- United States Marine Corps at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
- United States Air Force at Fort Collins, Colorado
Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament
On Friday, October 21, 2022 the Carolina Midlands Post is holding the 2022Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament at the Carolina Lakes Golf Course at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina. We hope you will consider participating in the tournament with us this year.
When: Friday, October 21
Where: Carolina Lakes Golf Course, Shaw AFB
Golf tournament participants will receive lunch, gifts of appreciation for attending, and have opportunities for giveaways via raffle and prizes for the team with the lowest score. Click here to access the entry form that includes details regarding registration and opportunities for sponsorship.
If you are interested in participating and/or assisting with a sponsorship for the tournament please forward your entry form to our post treasurer, Mr. Dave Yensan. Should you have any other questions about the tournament please contact Mr. Yensan or our scholarship program chairman, Mr. Scott Ross.
Engineering & Construction Camps
SAME Engineering & Construction camps provide a rigorous experience for high school students interested in exploring STEM skills and careers. Campers gain a sense of what it takes to become a STEM professional and what options exist to explore that interest from high school to college and beyond. Each camp has a unique curriculum that features hands-on activities conducted in a competitive environment that promotes: TEAMWORK, LEADERSHIP, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, & PROBLEM SOLVING.
Who may apply?
At a minimum, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US Citizen.
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Completed freshman year by the time he/she departs for camp.
Deadline to apply
March 16, 2021
For more information
Visit https://www.same.org/stemcamps Or contact Eddie Gonzalez, Program Manager email@example.com
Click here to learn more about our 2020 Camp Season.
Carolina Midlands Post Education Program
Our Mission is to support qualified and interested students pursuing an education and subsequent career in engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study through a competitive and merit based scholarship program, while promoting the achievement of both educational and personal goals, and furthering the mission of the Society of American Military Engineers (Build leaders and lead collaboration
among government and industry to develop multi-disciplined solutions to national security infrastructure challenges.).
- Graduating high school senior or individuals otherwise accepted to an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Resident of Fairfield, Lexington, Richland, Sumter or surrounding counties, and/or a member, spouse, or child of a member of the Carolina Midlands Post.
- G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 Scale) or greater (for high school and college).
- Accepted or confirmed enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university, studying engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study in 2019-2020.
- Academic achievement, leadership (in school, civic, sports, etc.), & extracurricular activities.
The Carolina Midlands SAME Board & Education Committee encourages anyone attending or accepted to an accredited college or university to apply; however, the Eligibility Criteria and application requirements will be utilized in selection. The Board of Carolina Midlands SAME will make a competitive selection with no regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, or national origin.